R-MA Recognizes Quarterly,
Annual Employee Award Winners
A boarding school is only as good as its faculty and staff. While Randolph-Macon Academy is blessed with an amazing group of people, the school also regularly recognizes those who go above and beyond their peers. R-MA recently announced the employee award winners for the third and fourth quarters of the 2013-14 school year, as well as the annual winners for the year.
For the third quarter of the 2013-14 school year:
- Flight Director Laura Abraham was named Mentor of the Quarter.
- The Grounds Department was named Team of the Quarter.
- Bonnie Ferrebee of Housekeeping was named Employee of the Quarter.
- World History Teacher Andrew Harriman, a 1982 graduate of Randolph-Macon Academy, was named Faculty of the Quarter.
For the fourth quarter of the 2013-14 school year:
- Chorus Director Michael DeMato was named Mentor of the Quarter.
- The Dining Services Department was named Team of the Quarter.
- Executive Assistant to the President Sandy Long was named Employee of the Quarter.
- German Teacher Steve Latham was named Faculty of the Quarter.
- Middle School Tennis Coach Howard Walter was named Coach of the Spring.
Randolph-Macon Academy’s annual award winners were announced at a banquet held on August 20, 2014 at the Shenandoah Valley Golf Club:
- The Coach of the Year was the varsity boys’ soccer coach, Jeff Moxie.
- DeMato was named Mentor of the Year.
- Dining Services received the Team of the Year Award.
- Long received the Employee of the Year Award.
- Harriman was named Faculty of the Year.
Randolph-Macon Academy (R-MA), founded in 1892, is a college-preparatory, coeducational day and boarding school for students in grades 6 through 12. Students in grades 9-12 participate in R-MA’s 91st Air Force Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps (JROTC) and have the option to participate in a unique flight program. R-MA is affiliated with the United Methodist Church and is located in Front Royal, VA.