Be part of something great. Join us in educating leaders of the next generation.
Randolph-Macon Academy cultivates a community of innovation, curiosity and excellence. Our HR Department is the Academy’s foundation in finding the right people – as educators, contributors, achievers – empathetic to the needs of our young people to help students find purpose.
This is why employment at R-MA is a lifestyle decision. You should only consider employment at the Academy if you are willing to commit to our students’ success in and beyond the classroom. From academic excellence lies the path to each student’s well-being outside traditional building walls. Whether in band and drama theatre or the multitude of athletic events and weekend activities, our students thrive because they receive an experience only R-MA can provide.
It is this collective goal that enables our entire community to aim for the stars. Our students are our inspiration, and our faculty and staff are provided resources and benefits for this collective endeavor.
For all positions listed below, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for position details. You may forward cover letter, resume, and list of three references to:
Director of Human Resources
200 Academy Dr.
Front Royal, VA 22630
EOE. We will only contact candidates invited to interview. Candidates must pass background check.
Middle School Head Track Coach
Middle School Assistant Track Coach
Middle School Head Tennis Coach
Middle School Assistant Tennis Coach
Randolph-Macon Academy Middle and Upper School Mathematics Teacher
R-MA students are curious and deserve to be challenged academically. We are committed
to shaping good character through positive leadership, professional conduct, and service.
We work to ensure each student is self-reliant, respected, and recognized as a unique
individual, embraced in a family environment.
We are searching for teachers that can RISE to any challenge, push beyond expectations, and
deliver a quality education to our students – in any environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Teach math subjects at various levels, this position will most likely teach pre-algebra and
● Develop interactive and engaging lesson plans
● Promote digital citizenship and infuse technology meaningfully into instruction
● Experience or an interest in project based learning/inquiry based learning methodologies
● Foster positive relationships with students, parents/guardians, and other faculty and staff
● Use Understanding by Design in course development and foster project-based learning
and authentic assessment throughout the curriculum
● Uphold high expectations for all students and strive to meet the individual needs of each
● Ability to work in a team-based environment including ability to suggest methods for
teacher collaborations, instructional integration, and cross-grade unit development
● Provide supervision for weekend activities on and off campus 8 weekend days per year.
● Participate in extracurricular program
● Mentor young adults
Knowledge, Experience, Education, and Competencies
● Bachelor’s in mathematics or related field
● 2+ years of experience in teaching or a related field
● Cultivate problem-solving skills using real-world scenarios, guiding students to reason
abstractly and quantitatively
● Student-centered, dynamic educator who uses a variety of instructional approaches
● Proven track record of success with student achievement at the Middle and Upper
● Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish solid positive working relationships
● Ability to exercise sound judgment
● Ability to maintain confidentiality of proprietary and confidential information with the
highest ethical standards and meticulous attention to detail
● Prefer private, boarding school experience and be excited about the challenges and
rewards of working in such an environment.
● Must believe in and support the mission and vision of the Academy
Under the Transparency in Coverage Rule issued by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, U.S. Department of Labor and U.S. Department of the Treasury, health plans (which includes clients who sponsor employee benefit plans) and health insurance issuers must publish two separate Machine Readable Files (MRFs) related to Coverage:
- In Network: Negotiated rates for all covered items and services between the plan or issuer and in-network providers
- Out of Network: Allowed amount paid to, and billed charges from, out-of-network providers for all covered services within a 90-day period