Tuition

At Randolph-Macon Academy, we believe in educating students to pursue lives of meaning and success. As we understand that an R-MA education is a significant investment in a student’s future, we are equally committed in assisting families throughout the application process for tuition assistance.

 BoardingDay
Tuition & Fees$41,784$21,497
*Expense Account$3,000$2,500
Total: $44,784$23,997

All new U.S. students are also required to pay a non-refundable $75 application fee at the time an application is submitted.

* The expense account is required for all students for incidental charges throughout the year (books, uniforms, laundry, etc.). Most students will incur additional expenses throughout the year, so additional payments may be required.

Allowance: Upper School students are encouraged to set up their own debit card program.

 Boarding5-Day BoardingDay
Tuition & Fees$38,969$31,693$18,457
*Expense Account$3,000$3,000$2,500
Total: $41,969$34,693$20,957

All new U.S. students are also required to pay a non-refundable $75 application fee at the time an application is submitted.

* The expense account is required for all students for incidental charges throughout the year (books, uniforms, laundry, etc.). Most students will incur additional expenses throughout the year, so additional payments may be required.

Allowance: Middle School boarding students will receive a weekly allowance as specified by his/her parent. We recommend $15 to $25 per week. Weekly allowances will be billed to the student’s account monthly.

 Boarding
Tuition & Fees$53,111
*Expense Account$3,700
Total: $56,811

All new international students are also required to pay a non-refundable $125 application fee at the time an application is submitted. All remaining tuition and fees are due by August 1, 2020.

* The expense account is required for all students for incidental charges throughout the year (books, uniforms, laundry, etc.). Most students will incur additional expenses throughout the year, so additional payments may be required.

Allowance: Upper School students are encouraged to set up their own debit card program.

 Boarding
Tuition & Fees$48,756
*Expense Account$3,700
Total: $52,456

All new international students are also required to pay a non-refundable $125 application fee at the time an application is submitted. All remaining tuition and fees are due by August 1, 2020.

* The expense account is required for all students for incidental charges throughout the year (books, uniforms, laundry, etc.). Most students will incur additional expenses throughout the year, so additional payments may be required.

Allowance: Middle School boarding students will receive a weekly allowance as specified by his/her parent. We recommend $15 to $25 per week. Weekly allowances will be billed to the student’s account monthly.

Financial Aid at R-MA

We urge families who need Financial Aid to contact us during the online application process. Our Admissions Counselors will work with families in submitting an additional Financial Aid SSS Application. If your child is accepted to R-MA, we will be happy to provide you the Award amount as part of your Acceptance Package. This is to ensure transparency and timeliness to help your family prepare for an R-MA education.

By offering a robust Financial Aid process, R-MA is able to enroll highly talented students. The Academy is committed to a community of passionate, driven and motivated students from a variety of backgrounds independent of unique financial resources. The following number of families received Financial Assistance for the 2021-2022 school year: 

Family Income Number of Families
$49,999 or less 16
$50,000 – $74,999 54
$75,000 – $99,999 50
$100,000 – $149,000 49
$150,000 or more 62

Payment Plans: 
Families may also take advantage of two payment plans as listed below: 

For those on the two-payment plan, 60% of the tuition and fees is due on August 1st. The remaining 40% is due on December 1st. If the scheduled payments are not received by the 1st of the month a 5% late fee plus an additional $40 will be added and due on the next monthly bill. 

The tuition fee is divided into 10 payments beginning June 1st and ending March 1st. There is a 5% interest fee added to this plan and credit approval is required. All monthly payment plans will be set up with automatic credit or debit deductions.