An application is reviewed when all of the following information is received:
- Application: Signed by both parent & student, with photo and application fee. ($75 for U.S. citizens and $125 for international students; non-refundable.) We prefer you apply directly online, but you may also download an application. R-MA also accepts the SSAT Standard Application.
- Personal Essay: All applicants must write a one-page essay with the topic indicated in the application.
- Proof of Identity: Copy of birth certificate or passport.
- School Records: To include all applicable school information. Provide a school record request form to each school the student has attended in the last three years.
- Interview: This will be scheduled with your Admission Counselor upon receipt of the items listed above.
Once all application requirements have been met, the Admission Committee will review the material to determine the applicant's qualifications for acceptance and the family will be promptly notified of the decision.
Disqualifying Factors: Review the complete Academy Admission Policy before inquiring.
Students with past criminal involvement need not apply. Candidates who are currently dismissed from another school, have juvenile charges pending, or are currently on court probation will not be considered for admission.
R-MA is a college preparatory school. Candidates who do not plan to attend a school of higher education or who cannot function within an environment of high standards and an Honor Code are discouraged from applying.
Students under a physician's care for a severe medical condition(s) may not be eligible for admission. Such admissions will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis in consultation with the appropriate physicians and the R-MA medical staff. The primary consideration is the health and safety of the child. The Academy is not obligated to accept any student that could potentially present a liability for the school.
Randolph-Macon Academy offers equal opportunity for admissions, regardless of race, sex, color, religion, national or ethnic origin.