Review the steps below or print a checklist for your records.
Applications are currently being accepted for the following:
Summer Program 2020
An application is reviewed when all of the following information is received:
- Application: Signed by both parent & student, with photo and application fee. ($75 for U.S. citizens and $200 for international students; non-refundable.) We prefer you apply directly online, but you may also download an application. R-MA also accepts the SSAT Standard Application.
- Personal Essays: Grades 9-PG must write two one-page essays. Grades 6-8 must write two half-page essays. Details are within the online application. Essays are optional for our summer program.
- Proof of Identity: Copy of birth certificate or passport.
- School Records: To include transcripts, standardized test scores, discipline record, and other applicable school information.
- Admission Test: R-MA's preferred admission test is the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT). Registration information and other testing sites near you can be found at www.ssat.org. Our school code is 6000. Other standardized testing can be substituted.
- Recommendations: Two letters of recommendation are required for fall and spring applicants. One letter of recommendation is required for the summer programs.
- Interview: Interview and tour times are available Monday through Friday, 8 am - 3 pm, by appointment. Saturday interviews are available on a limited basis and must be scheduled at least 72 hours in advance. If you live too far away to visit the campus, a phone or video interview will be arranged.
Once all application requirements have been met, the Admission Committee will review the material to determine the applicant's qualifications for acceptance and the family will be promptly notified of the decision.
Disqualifying Factors: Review the complete Academy Admission Policy before inquiring.
Students with past criminal involvement need not apply. Candidates who are currently dismissed from another school, have juvenile charges pending, or are currently on court probation will not be considered for admission.
R-MA is a college preparatory school. Candidates who do not plan to attend a school of higher education or who cannot function within an environment of high standards and an Honor Code are discouraged from applying.
Students under a physician's care for a severe medical condition(s) may not be eligible for admission. Such admissions will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis in consultation with the appropriate physicians and the R-MA medical staff. The primary consideration is the health and safety of the child. The Academy is not obligated to accept any student that could potentially present a liability for the school.
Randolph-Macon Academy offers equal opportunity for admissions, regardless of race, sex, color, religion, national or ethnic origin.