Tuition for boarding students and international students includes room and board.
For day students, tuition includes lunch meals.
All families must put a set amount into an Expense Deposit. The deposit is applied to the cost of books, classroom supplies, uniforms, two R-MA blankets (Upper School boarding only) and personal items for sports and physical education. All required items are available in the R-MA Bookstore or R-MA Clothing Store. Most students will incur additional expenses through the year, so additional deposits may be required.
US citizens will be billed monthly for these costs.
What payment plans do you have?
For US citizens, our standard payment plan for is the Two-Payment Plan. 60% of the tuition and fees is due on August 1st. The remaining 40% is due on December 1st. If the scheduled payments are not received by the 1st of the month a 5% late fee plus an additional $40 will be added and due on the next monthly bill.
A monthly payment plan can be approved for families if they complete an application and have credit approval. The tuition fee is divided into 10 payments beginning June 1st and ending March 1st. There is a 6.5% interest fee added to this plan. The monthly payment plan requires automatic credit or debit transactions.
There are no payment plans for summer programs, international students, or students who enroll at second quarter or second semester.
Does your school offer financial aid? What is the average award?
R-MA provides financial aid to qualified students and families through financial support from a student loan program, endowment funds, foundations, alumni, the United Methodist Church, and other friends of the Academy.
New families can apply for financial aid in the spring of the year prior to their student’s arrival, but their application will not be reviewed unless the student has completed the Admission application and been accepted to the school. After you apply for admissions to R-MA, please contact the Admission Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-540-636-5484 to receive our school code. A Financial aid application can then be submitted online. Please make sure before completing your financial aid application, that you have filed your 2017 taxes. You will be asked to provide your 2017 tax statement, 2017 W-2 forms, and recent pay stubs for your household.
On the average, financial aid can cover approximately 18% of need up to 30% of need. A family's average financial aid allotment is between $5,000-7,000.
In addition to need-based aid, R-MA offers, through our affiliation with the United Methodist Church (UMC), scholarships to families who are members of the UMC. A letter from the pastor of the family's church must verify membership. The average scholarship is 10% of tuition (20% for children of United Methodist ministers).
R-MA gives a 10% tuition discount to families with two or more students attending R-MA. The first student pays full price. Each additional student receives a 10% discount on tuition.
R-MA awards a small number of merit-based scholarships without regard to financial need. These scholarships are intended to recognize outstanding accomplishments and exceptional potential for contributions to R-MA while enrolled and to society in the future. Click here for more information on financial aid and scholarships.